this is a true story.



scene: it's late last night. simon and i are getting ready for bed. my teeth are brushed, my face is washed, and i'm in my pjs. i plop down on top of our bed covers.

nina: it's hot in here.
simon: should we turn down the air conditioning?
nina: probably, but i'm too tired.
simon: i'll do it.

simon gets up and turns down the thermostat. a few minutes go by, and i am finally getting comfortable (and really sleepy).

eventually it's cool enough that i am ready to have a blanket over me. but instead of just crawling under the covers, (because i'm so comfy and half-asleep with my eyes closed) i start trying to flip the edges of the blanket to cover me like a little taco. it doesn't work.

simon: do you want another blanket?
nina: no thanks, i'm fine.

meanwhile, with my eyes still closed, i continue to struggle to get the blanket to stay over me (somehow i never contemplate actually moving my whole body to get under covers because it would mean i would have to... move.)

simon gets up again.

nina (mumbling): where are you going...
simon: to get you another blanket.

he comes back and puts a soft, old college blanket over me and tucks me in.

nina (already in dreamland): thank youuuuu...

my struggle is over and i sleep like a baby the rest of the night. on top of the covers.

***
if this isn't true love, i don't know what is.

(photo credit: littlegirlblue)

25 comments:

  1. Yep. That's true love for sure! You've got yourself a keeper there, Nina ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job simon! That is a cute true story... and an even cuter true love story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so sweet. i hope i have such a great love one day!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe. that is so cute :(
    have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that's very patient and sweet of him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha! that's sweet! sounds a lot like levi. we've got good boys for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice guy! I'm sure you do sweet things for him, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe that was adorable nina.
    thank you for sharing :)

    <3, evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is the best true story... unfortunately, i sleep with a total blanket stealer, who wraps himself up like the tightest burrito and sleeps like a tyrant and wouldn't wake up for the apocalypse. he's even been known to push me off the bed a couple times. at least he's attractive... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww that's so adorable. it's certainly made me ready for bed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nina, I think I might have a little crush on your Simon -in a dreamy fairy tale kind of way. But shhhh, don't tell David ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome.......what a sweet man.....

    happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. adorable. you are blessed! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaaawd, that is so cute and sweet, and even though I've never met you or Simon in person, i can totally imagine it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is love, isn't it? My boyfriend is the same and he has no reason to be, as I am always stealing the blankets from him or pushing him further and further to the edge to conquer the whole bed. As a 5'1" lady, and as a 6'4" man, that is one tough feat!
    Don't you get rid of this Simon, Ma'am. There aren't many like him out there...

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's precious. Absolutely precious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. perfect... :)

    BF does things like this all the time for me too.

    I remember when I didn't think men like Simon and BF existed.

    We are lucky girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. awe! alex does stuff like this too - we are a lucy bunch of girls!

    ReplyDelete
  19. lucy is not some cool slang. i meant to type lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh, how sweet! When I grow up (you know, I'm just 14 :) ) I hope I'll find a guy like Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awwww! I'm so glad you've got such a thoughtful guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Simon is a very good man! :) A keeper indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You know what really moved me about your true story? How much you appreciated that little loving gesture from your man – now THAT is true love!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.