my weekend!


on saturday we were by the ocean in maine and suddenly my love uttered those four little words: "will you marry me?" yes! (of course.)

being the genius that he is, simon planned the surprise perfectly and it truly was the best day of my life. both sets of parents were nearby and enveloped us in hugs. and then we celebrated with champagne.

we are so excited, and i'm already calling him my "fancy".

107 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! marriage is awesome and so much fun! do you have a date set?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO! Congratulations! Enjoy all the preps and fancying:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so happy for you two :) and fancy that is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! Your labels for this post are very appropriate for your sentiments, hehe. Live in this moment, soak it up. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see your posts to come that will now be wedding-inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GAAAAHHH! Congratulations, you two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Congratulations. I have just stumbled across your blog and glad I was here for your news!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! That's so amusing that you call him fancy!! Alex misheard me calling him my fiancé once so we've been calling each other fancy as well! Aw, all the best to the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yay!!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATS! Hope you keep us clued in on the wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to see all your wedding details :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATS! Soooo exciting!!! Excited to follow you through the wedding planning :) It's great fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. goin to the chapel and we're, gonna get mayayayaried!

    congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to you. How exciting!!!! I'm sure you'll have the happiest of marriages-you guys truly seem like soul mates ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, how exciting! Congratulations, Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG i die i die!!! YAYYYY CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. congratulations nina and simon!! i am sooo excited!!! woo hooo!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, congratulations Nina! This is too cute! :))

    ReplyDelete
  21. CONGRATULATIONS!!

    I know I haven't been commenting much, but I AM REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. awww...Congratulations!!!!!!! so happy for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations!
    I am looking forward to the wedding-inspired posts.
    Det store spørsmålet: skal dere gifte dere i Norge?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations!!!! I wish you both a wonderful future together.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations!!! That is such wonderful news xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Eeeee, Congratulations Nina, thats wonderful! x

    ReplyDelete
  27. awwwwe what utterly wonderful news! congratulations! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. congratulations, so happy for both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful!!!!
    Congratulations and good luck with all the planning
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations Nina!
    What wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! Congratulations to the two of you! What a great day and your families both there?! Love it. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  33. YAY!!! Congratulations!!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congratulations! What an exciting time ... and a new beginning. Enjoy the planning and dreaming, Nina...

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congrats.. it's such a big moment...

    ReplyDelete
  36. congrats! can't wait to hear all the details and to help with wedding planning! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  37. oh i'm sooo excited for you!! congratulations to you both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congrats - that is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  39. NINA!!!!!!!!!!

    OHMYGOODNESS!!!!! I am SO very very happy for you!

    Sending you lots of love, hugs, and kisses from the Sunshine State to the Bay State.

    Love love love!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  40. Congratulations~ such exciting news! Happy wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congratulations! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  42. congrats Nina!!! Can't wait to see all the beautiful wedding ideas you have on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Yay, Congratulations, girlie! That is so exciting!

    Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  44. oh Nina!!!
    it's so sweet my dear girl!!!!
    I'm too so excited for you guys!

    oh my God!!!
    congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. HooRAY!! How exciting. Congratulations!!
    I think it's pretty extraordinary that even through your blog we can sense how in love you and Simon are... Made for each other, you might say!

    ReplyDelete
  46. YAY!!!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to read about all of the lovely wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete
  47. congratulations! you've certainly seemed in love enough to get married to this fella.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Congratulations - how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  49. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  50. wow really?
    how awesome! congrats to you two!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hah! Congrats, kids! That's great news! :)
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow, stopped by for the first time today - congratulations. Need to catch up on previous posts!

    ReplyDelete
  53. that is wonderful! I can't wait to read all about your wedding planning.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Congratulations! How very exciting! I have goosebumps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  55. FABULOUS news!!! Enjoy every minute of it!
    luv,
    -kara
    ps: wait til you hear him call you his "wife" for the first time. It's such a trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Félicitations! Beaucoup de bonheur à vous 2.

    ReplyDelete
  57. how wonderful! congratulations!
    better start working on that love jar! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  58. oh my goodness, congratulations!! how exciting!! so sweet that the 'rents were nearby to celebrate with you guys... like everyone else, I can't wait to hear about all your wedding ideas... fun times ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. congratulations! enjoy your cupcakes and celebrating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  60. Congratulations to you both!! I love your blog, look forward even more to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  61. YAY! a million congratulations, marriage is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Congratulations!! I love that it was a surprise. That is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Congratulations to you and your Fancy! Here's to love and all its wonderful bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  64. yay! what fun! congratulations to you both. happy, happy!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Congratulations!!! that's so great!
    Wishing you many lovely and happy days together!

    ReplyDelete
  66. congratulations!! how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  67. omg!!! congratulations!!!!!!! ur gonna marry simonnnnnnnn!!!! :) yayy!!!! im SO happy for u!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. congrats!!!!! that's so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  69. Congratulations!!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  70. congratulations congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Huge congratulations! So pleased for you both. Looking forward to hearing about your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  72. so AWESOME ! Congrats to you both! xo

    ReplyDelete
  73. I'm so happy for both of you!! Congratulations on the wonderful news. I can't wait to hear about your plans. Pictures...pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  74. Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing about your wedding planning.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Nina!! I know I'm late on this, but super-big congratulations!! Cannot wait to see your wedding planning unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  76. WOW, this is GREAT !!! Congratulations !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Nina!

    Congratulations! Pretty please tell us the story of how you two met. Your proposal story sounds perfect!

    Wooooooopie!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  78. congrats!!! let me know if you need help...haha. im in the midst of it...only 74 days now till we are married:)

    best advice ive gotten - make the wedding personal. make it about you and your future hubby. make it about what you want.

    for us that means more fun and less formal. best of luck and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  79. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! oh, nina, i am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Congratulations!!! I'm sure your wedding will be as beautiful as your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Cheers, Nina! You two are adorable {and so good-looking!}, and I'm very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  82. congratulations! what adorable pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.