hello! we're fresh back from chicago, and i'm easing back into reality by watching the boston marathon (on television) and sipping some home-brewed coffee. and of course, i am catching up on all of your lovely blogs. i missed you guys!
our weekend was incredible. chicago is an amazing city, and simon and i shamelessly ran around the city with permanent grins on our faces.
and i must say... simon is a very good travel partner. he lets me talk to strangers (which i am apt to do) and effortlessly jumps into the conversation. he also doesn't flinch when i have to stop every hour to use a bathroom, or put band aids on my feet or find a more suitable purse. :)
i took a billion pictures, so, for today, i'll show you some highlights. i'll share many more later this week!

we took a river and lake boat tour and learned all about the history of chicago and its architecture. brilliant.

we got lucky: the weather was really nice and chicago was in full bloom. so many pretty colors everywhere.


we spent several hours at the field museum and saw the world's largest t-rex!
how was your weekend?
how was your weekend?
For half a second there I thought you were talking about a 'CHI' technical conference, and was wondering why these weren't photos of Atlanta (the conference location).
ReplyDeleteYour photos are lovely. It looks like it was a lovely trip.
Great pictures! The husband and I are going to a suburb of Chicago for a wedding at the end of June but we're hoping to get a few hours of sight-seeing in for the actual city. Can't wait to see more pictures - this way we'll know what to really hit! :)
ReplyDeleteso glad you had fun!! millennium park is pretty awesome. they put on some pretty amazing concerts there. i absolutely love Chicago - i'm hoping my hunny can get a teaching job there when he's done with school, so we can move there!
ReplyDeleteaw! I LOVE Chicago. Only been once, but we absolutely fell in love with the city. I can't wait to see your photos! You guys are so adorable!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics Nina! I've always wanted to go to Chicago. It looks like a fab city. As for your Simon, I have one of those too! It's great to be with someone that helps with band-aids!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fab trip. I visited Chicago a couple of years ago and loved it - the architecture tour was great and we ate very very well. I want to go back now...
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures, it was a beautiful weekend in Chi, could have been less chilly but still beautiful. Glad you enjoyed my city!!
ReplyDeleteOhh, so glad you went to the Field Museum, it's my favorite. Did you catch the large dollhouse?! I used to spend forever looking at it as a child, dreaming about living in every single room...
ReplyDeleteYou're making me miss Chicago, I lived and interned downtown for a summer there. Good thing I'm going there in June for 1/2 marathon!!! It is a beautiful city, and summer time is the best time to go. And the boat tours are a GREAT way to see the sites. How fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're back! I was missing reading your posts. Your chicago pictures are awesome! I can't wait to hear about your adventures in chicago style pizza
ReplyDeleteNina! I'm so excited that I recently discovered your blog - you just visited my hometown! I live in Manhattan now but oh how I miss Chicago. We were just on the 10th - if you had been there one weekend earlier we might have crossed paths walking through Millenium Park ;)
ReplyDeleteI REALLY hope you went to Intelligentsia for coffee.
Great pictures! I would really like to go to Chicago now!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fabulous weekend!
ReplyDeleteOh, Chicago looks amazing! My best friend lives there and I have yet to go visit. Now I really want to go. So glad you guys had a great trip!!
ReplyDeleteeeee! chicago is one of mine and tyler's favorite cities!! sounds like you guys had a perfect trip! xoxo
ReplyDeleteOooh I love the city scape and the yellow flowers. So lovely.
ReplyDeleteSO happy to see your photos and hear about what you saw! And I too hope you were able to go to Intelligenstia...best coffee in Chicago!! It was a great weekend here in Chicago!!
ReplyDelete