
yesterday, simon took a mid-day nap on the couch (a very rare thing). i wanted to be in the living room too, so i tiptoed around and was determined to be as quiet as possible. our living room windows were open, the sun was soft and warm, and eventually i decided it was the perfect opportunity to just do nothing.
so, i plopped myself into our big living room chair, enjoyed the slight breeze on my face, closed my eyes and just sat. it was perfect.
occasionally i looked over at simon and saw him peacefully breathing. and every once in a while, i heard passersby on the street or a car in the distance.
i have to say that in that moment, for whatever reason... i felt like everything was right with the world. have you ever had a moment like that?
(photo credit: under the leaves)
Luckily I had. Two examples: Sitting in my armchair and enjoying the evening sun shining straight into my eyes, just this Friday. And driving in wonderful sunshine through the Scottish Highlands to the Isle of Skye in May 2008.
ReplyDeleteI think these are the moments where we are truly ourselves and right in the moment. Some might think of them as divine moments.
Glad you had such a moment just yesterday. Have a good new week.
Cheers San
that sounds absolutely lovely. i had a nice little moment like that when stephen took me to the farmer's market on saturday...usually he doesn't want to do anything because he has to work all day, but it was just a perfect moment. so nice :)
ReplyDeleteYes. Every once and awhile it feels like everything aligns perfectly and you can just breathe. I love those moments too. Too bad that they are often few and far between...
ReplyDeletei love those moments. :)
ReplyDeleteI love those moments. There have been a couple times in my life where I have been doing something and am almost caught off-guard by an overwhelming sense of happiness. It's odd isn't it? All of a sudden, you stop and think: "I am absolutely happy and content right now." You know it's big when you pause to acknowledge the feeling.
ReplyDeleteI had a moment like that yesterday on my grandma's outdoor swing. Lovely.
ReplyDeleteHow perfectly lovely. I sometimes have those sorts of moments in the afternoon, in the moments before a sleep. It always seems to involve good weather and an open window, at any rate.
ReplyDeletemoments like that are my favorite.
ReplyDelete♥
every time i have a moment like that, i think how that's what life is about. i love those moments - they're spiritual for me.
ReplyDeleteHeavenly.
ReplyDeleteSunshine and a soft breeze can always help with a happy moment.
I think they always happen when you least expect them to and that makes them even more magical.
I have many moments like yours...if people only realized that it's these lovely, simple life-affirming things that make us happy - a beautiful day, a sweet memory - how much better our lives would be. We just have to remember to make a little time for them.
ReplyDeleteThose moments are so pleasant :)
ReplyDeletethose are the best. I find I have a lot of those around this time of year. It's something about the combination of the renewal of spring, the perfect weather, the bright but soft light, and the blooming flowers. It just seems like you stole a scene from a dream :-)
ReplyDelete~K
I have lots of moments like that and I agree with Emily's comment.
ReplyDeletei'm practicing that art today! it is a beautiful thing.
ReplyDelete