posh chicago.

as far as chicago posts go, i think i've saved the best for last. :)

on saturday evening we were walking back to our hotel and suddenly stumbled upon this store. i took simon by the arm and said: "ohhhhh! can we go in here, please?"

and from the moment we walked in, i was in heaven. i proceeded to go completely camera bananas (the lovely shop owner gave me the okay, thank goodness).

simply put, posh chicago is the sweetest little store with gorgeous vintage and flea market finds. if you're from chicago or visiting the windy city, i can't recommend it enough. i was literally in a constant state of oohing and ahhing. it was loverly.

(and in the courtyard behind the store, a wedding was taking place. adorable!)

here are some pictures:

IMG_3500
IMG_3476
IMG_3469
IMG_3454IMG_3460
IMG_3452
IMG_3467
IMG_3464
IMG_3459
i still can't believe i left empty-handed. (saving money can sometimes be such a drag.)

hurray for posh chicago!

23 comments:

  1. I love these photos!!
    Have a beautiful weekend ~~
    xoxo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous! Glad you had such a lovely time in the Windy City! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woa I love trinkets. These pictures are beautiful. I love the tea cups with the blue accents. Matchbooks are my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all those mugs - espesh the brown ones in the metal baskets. Lovely. ck :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS STORE!! I commented when you were looking for places to stop at this place it had your name written all over it! :) Glad you enjoyed it and the ladies that work there are super sweet also. Glad you had a good time in the Windy City it is pretty fun place huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would it be odd to have vintage photos of strangers displayed as art? Both the sepia girls and the b/w profile are just so glamorous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. If there's something you just can't get off your mind let me know and maybe next time I go I can check and see if its still there. They have a fabo website also....

    ReplyDelete
  8. This place is amazing. I could spend a lot of time and money here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am in love with all of these photos! the cups + matches + light...wonderful.

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  10. how incredible! your photos are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. the teacups in wire baskets is absolutely adorable! looks just like anthropologie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm loving the whimsy of all the stuff in that store! where else did you go? did you manage to get to the violet hour?

    ReplyDelete
  13. so crazy - i went to that very same shop when i was in chicago in march! it's so lovely! i bought a beautiful map of Paris there. it was just down the street from our hotel.. wonder if we stayed at the same place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing place to stumble upon! I can totally get a feel of the store just from the photos!

    xo,
    Cassie
    (Moon Face)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one of my favorite shops in Chicago...I could never afford to shop there when I was single, living in the city, but now when I go back to visit Chicago, I always drop some dough in Posh!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nina, if you were a store, I'm pretty sure you would be this one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the mugs - and the vintage match books... oooh ahhh... :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Paris stuff! I'm such a nut over anything having to do with Paris...you must have nerves of steel to have not walked out with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute shop- an absolutely perfect fit for you! I'm so glad that you had such a great time in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful photos Nina! I'm glad you had a great time in our Windy City...I've never heard of or been to that store!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow it is gorgeous! I will have to go there next time I am back. =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have been a fan of Posh Chicago for years, and always thought it was my little secret. I don't live in Chicago, but make a point of stopping in every time I visit. So charming!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.