
… and i’m back! how have you all been? what did i miss? can i tell you how much i appreciate that you're still here? oh so much.
my time away from this space was busy, but in the best possible way. we have some news! over the past month, simon and i have made the move from our bustling, urban lifestyle in boston, to living on a lake in maine. we are still getting our bearings, and adjusting to the quieter lifestyle. (i am also learning how to drive slower. ahem.)
in the evenings, we sit by the water and build a fire. it's hot and still, and the bugs are a welcome reminder that we are, in fact, in a whole new place.
as with any big life transition, there is some bittersweetness. boston is where we met, fell in love and where some of our family and friends still live. but we've been dreaming about making this move for a while, and it feels like the perfect adventure at the perfect time. together, we are figuring it all out... even how to drive on bumpy dirt roads with a car that is packed to the brim with boxes.
over the next few weeks, i am excited to share more about this new place we call home, and get back into the groove of using my camera every day.
logging on here today felt like coming home, and i am so happy to be back.
post script: while i was away, i also spent some time thinking about why i blog… or more importantly, why i want to keep blogging. a friend of mine said it best when he said: "life only throws you a handful of magical moments. some are big and obvious like weddings, graduations, births, etc. other times, those moments are quiet, subtle, and easily missed.” blogging reminds me to step back and pay attention. hopefully, many years from now, i can read this blog and remember with equal gusto, the little things that happened as the days went by.
(photo credit: weepy hollow)
(photo credit: weepy hollow)
this is exactly why i blog. i'm so glad to have you back! i was wondering about your comments about moving on twitter... can't wait to hear more about your new life!
ReplyDeletexo meg
So happy to have you back, Nina. What a nice surprise to see you have moved to Maine - welcome! I can't wait to follow along as you share your adventures in this beautiful state :)
ReplyDeleteHooray! So glad you are back, Nina. I love and agree with that reason for blogging. Congrats on the move and I look forward to hearing more about your new Maine life!
ReplyDeletewhoop! welcome back, Miss Nina!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are back! I'm still taking a blogging break, but it's still nice to read others!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your move! How exciting.
ReplyDeleteOh so glad to have you back Nina! Can't wait to hear more about your move! That's exciting :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so very happy you're back. I can't wait to catch up on your time away :)
ReplyDeleteso exciting! your new place sounds magical. glad you're back :)
ReplyDeleteHooray...welcome back! You were missed!
ReplyDeleteHubby and I are considering making a similar move to you and Simon, it's inspiring to hear you went ahead and did it! Looking forward to hearing more :)
ReplyDeleteSo excited that you're back! I missed reading your calm and quiet observations and thoughts.
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I have flirted with moving to Maine for a couple of years now; I am so excited that you took the plunge! I look forward to hearing more.
ReplyDeleteWow, how exciting. Sending warm thoughts your way as you and Simon undergo this wonderful transition.
ReplyDeleteyay!! so good to "hear" from you. i love the post script. that's exactly why i blog.
ReplyDeletecompletely agree. so glad your back, and so excited to hear about your new life by the lake :) welcome home!
ReplyDeleteso glad you are back, but so sad that you moved from boston! i actually just moved here, but i don't blame you :) dirt roads and lakes sound mighty appetizing right now :)
ReplyDeleteWelcome home, in more ways than one :) Sending love.....
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you're back!! Congrats on your move. I can't wait to see photos of your new home. It sounds like a wonderful start to a new adventure ...
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! Crazy to see an update this morning. I know you don't know me, I've been a follower for a while, but I was just talking to the Love about you the other day! :) Your new home sounds so lovely!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! I too have those same thoughts on why I blog, and then when I look back over the months, I remember why. I hear Maine is lovely this time of year, enjoy.
ReplyDeleteHappy that you're back :-) And what wonderful news!! Can't wait to see photographs from your new home!!
ReplyDeletewow, where in maine? i love maine, we used to go there every summer!
ReplyDeletethanks everyone! jacin- right now we're on a lake in auburn. but we'll be moving closer to portland at some point (fingers crossed!) xo.
ReplyDeleteYou have a very wise friend! Thanks for sharing that...Also, welcome WELCOME back :)
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! I'm so excited for you and that you've moved to Maine! Maine is such a wonderful place...I love visiting my family there, and it always brings back great memories. Excited to hear more of your new life there! :)
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! I am so in love with Maine and wish I could live there. It was my first american home and it will always have a special place in my heart.
ReplyDeletewww.saffakate.blogspot.com
wondering where you were... welcome back!
ReplyDeleteHow lucky are you? We spent two wonderful years in Maine and it is one of my favourite places on Earth. Enjoy your new home and life. I can't wait to read more about it.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! I'm glad you've returned. :) Looking forward to hearing about your move and your new home!
ReplyDeletewow-maine!!! This is big news & great news, what a beautiful place. Can't wait to see photos.
ReplyDeletenina, yay! welcome back. cannot wait to see and hear all that your new life brings.
ReplyDeletePerfect description of why I love blogging. Congratulations on the move to Maine. Every time I go, I fall a little bit more in love. You can always come back and visit the big bustling city.
ReplyDeleteWow, that's so exciting that you moved to Maine! I can't wait to hear all about your new life. xx
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are back in the blogging world and happy to see you have made changes that you both feel was necessary in your lives with the move. I am moving this weekend, not as far away as a couple of states, more like 30 minutes, but it will be a world of change!
ReplyDeleteHope to see more great things soon!
maine is so great!!! i grew up there and miss it tremendously.
ReplyDeletei am anxious to see if i can figure out from the pictures where exactly you are..
Well said! Can't wait to hear of your new adventures.
ReplyDeleteSo happy you're back to blogging! Can't wait to hear more about life in Maine! (And pictures!)
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! You have been missed. Looking forward to hearing how you are doing.
ReplyDeleteso glad you are back, nina and congrats on your big move! i'll actually be visiting maine for the first time ever in late july (peaks island to be exact) and im excited to hear about all your adventures in this new state. sending positive thoughts and wishes to you and your new journey! xoxo
ReplyDeletewelcome back...so happy to have you again! many congratulations on the move. good things to come, eh?
ReplyDeleteAwww, it was so lovely to see your post today - glad you're back. :)
ReplyDeleteso happy to have you back - that is the reason i have a blog too.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful sentiment about blogging! And I'm so excited for you about your move. We honeymooned in Maine and absolutely loved it.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! Looking forward to your new place posts & pics! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're back - I missed reading your posts! And congratulations on the move!
ReplyDelete<3 Kiersten
That's exactly why I blog too - very nicely articulated :) Happy to have you back!
ReplyDeleteawesome for moving to maine and welcome back!!!
ReplyDeleteso glad you're back since now i can call you a friend. speaking of, we do need another date :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you are back! Congrats on the move, that is awesome!
ReplyDeletei went away for a long bit too, but now i've found you again and i'm so glad i did. your blog is a breath of fresh air. is there anyway i can follow you through blogger so i don't lose you again?
ReplyDelete