as i type this, the sun is setting over the lake (and confession: we are also watching a christmas episode of community. we are addicted.) anyway... today, two pictures.


one: this amazing little house is where we are temporarily living while we look for our own house. it belongs to simon's parents. so, while we can't stay forever, we are loving it. where else can you go canoeing after dinner and roast marshmallows on a week night?

two: speaking of dinner, this was one of the first meals we ate in the lake house: lobster, avocado, tomato, and mango salad. i am not exaggerating when i say it was "summer in a bowl".
conclusion: nina is officially a maine girl.
this whole post is magical. i'm coming to visit.
ReplyDeletewhat a sweet house. seems like the perfect introduction to maine living.
ReplyDeletebridget, you're welcome any time!
ReplyDeleteHow fun. We also just moved to Maine and are absolutely loving it! Not sure where you are, but if you want some fun Portland food recommendations I'd be happy to offer them. :)
ReplyDeleteMaine is so lovely! I moved to the Portland area from NYC 5 years ago and I will never leave! Welcome!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous house!!
ReplyDeleteMaine is my favorite state. Im so jealous of you living there, by the lake!
ReplyDeleteAnd community is just totally awesome. hehe.
I'm really looking forward to your life in Maine.. so different than mine in SoCal and it's so intriguing!
ReplyDeleteSummer in a bowl- I love it! You are so cute, I'm so happy that you're loving Maine. I hope I get to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to Maine. Ahh lucky you. I've been to Acadia national park and loved it. Enjoy all that summer has to offer...so lovely!
ReplyDeleteI CANNOT believe this is your life now... I am so. jealous.
ReplyDeleteI have always wanted to go to Maine. Lucky you!
ReplyDeleteahhh it looks like i could be a maine girl as well : )
ReplyDeletemmmm lobster avocado salad.
ReplyDeleteBright Green Laces
Lovely, Nina!
ReplyDeletei love this. we took a maine vacation once and it was so beautiful. what a lovely way of life!
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous of your move! Sounds like a lovely place to be :) Good luck house hunting!
ReplyDeleteSummer in a bowl? Yum!
ReplyDeleteyou should ALL come visit. :) yes.
ReplyDeleteholy mackrel!!! (which is a maine saying by the way, i grew up there, saying it, don't hear it much outside the northeast)
ReplyDeletei LOVE the house, looks cozy and perfect. and that salad??? nothing is better than fresh lobster, and with avocados!!?? i am having serious jealousness over these photos right now!!
Ahhhhh....LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteMaine suits you. Your posts are making me want to move back to New England (which is a highly probable possibility in the next year or two).
ReplyDeletelovely & yum!
ReplyDeleteSigh. I adore Maine.
ReplyDeletethat salad looks amazing! as does maine. i've never been but definitely want to make it someday.
ReplyDelete