a wee break.


my dear friends,
it's a thursday night, and i'm snuggled up under a blanket, thinking about this little blog of mine. as you've probably noticed, i haven't posted much lately.

it's hard to believe, but it's been three years since i started blogging. wow! this space has been such a gift in my life. it's provided me with a creative outlet, a community of so many amazing women (many of whom i consider to be my friends) and a place to document my life through words and photographs. it's been so special sharing so many moments with all of you.

that being said, somewhere in the last few months, something inside of me has shifted. perhaps it's the fact that when i close my laptop, i find myself being more present to what is happening in my life. instead of thinking about how to document everything, i soak it all up. or perhaps, it's just that my life off-line is oh-so-goodand i want to spend every free moment i have with my amazing husband.

or perhaps it's just that i need a little holiday. :) i'm not quite sure. either way, i've decided to take a little blog sabbatical. i hope you will all understand. i promise to be back some time soon (although i'm not sure when) and let you all know what i decide to do with this space.

in the meantime, know that i adore you all! and i'm so grateful that you've been here with me for so long.  all my love,
nina

(photo credit: marcos rivas)

38 comments:

  1. I totally relate to this... I'm a little burnt out on blogging... Enjoy your time away we'll be here when you get back... Hopefully you do come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just found you so I really hope you will come back. But I do understand if not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely get this. I think a lot of us tend to go through these phases, and I think taking a break from blogging is a good thing to do every now and then. You'll come back even more inspired. Enjoy your break, and I'll look forward to your eventual return!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll miss your daily doses of loveliness and inspiration but I totally understand your need to step back. Know you are appreciated and hopefully you'll stay in touch one way or another. It's been great getting to know you. Good luck with all of your plans. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina
    You were the first blog I ever read. Not sure how I found you. But I was completely inspired. So, for the last three years then I have gobbled up the internet. Oh how time passes.

    I have been feeling myself that real life is escaping me. And that I need to simplify. Thank you again for being my inspiration. I totally get it. Grateful for your pictures and perspective.

    Sincerely,
    A random reader

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadness :( You will definitely be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll miss reading, but completely understand. It's amazing how much we can get wrapped up in an "online life" and miss a lot of what's going on offline. Enjoy your break and I look forward to seeing what you get up to on the blog in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have a blog, but i rarely post... its hard for me to imagine doing it EVERY day, or at least 5x a week! So i totally admire those who do! I read u and a Cup of Jo on a daily basis! but i don't actually blog on a daily basis... so i can completely understand the need for a break! it can be tiring. Fulfilling, but tiring - just like any other job! i mean, they do call it "work" for a reason. :) i love my job, but there are days where i am just not into it. we all need a break/vacation/me-time ... whatever u want to call it! Perhaps u need just a vacation, or perhaps it is time to move the blog into another phase (maybe its moving onto different topics, or perhaps blog once a week rather than every other day...)
    So, take your time :) and if u decide to return - wonderful!! and if u don't, i am sure all of us readers will be grateful that we had u in our blog world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has been quite lovely to get a glimpse into your life Nina. I've always enjoyed your daily anecdotes. The journey is yours to have and readers such as myself are lucky to have shared so many moments with you.

    I'll take away with me an inspiration to try a blog myself. Pomagranate seeds in sparkling water in fancy wine glasses. Great gift and book suggestions.

    Thank you so much for these gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nina—you are an inspiration, even more so with your decision to go with your feelings and live more in the moment. I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Living in the present is the most important thing, but I do hope you come back and share your stories! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. i will miss your delightful, insightful posts and i totally understand. enjoy your break and savour being present in your life. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will really miss reading your beautiful thoughts every day, but completely understand where you are coming from. Take the time, be fully present and come back when you are good and ready. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i know how you feel. i'm going to be starting a new, busier chapter in my life very soon and i won't have as much time to blog at all. (isn't it great though when real life is so good that you don't need to blog?) but i hope you'll be back soon! i love reading your posts, especially since i live in massachusetts too :) take care

    ReplyDelete
  15. We'll miss you. Hope you have a lovely break x o

    ReplyDelete
  16. When we start blogging we have intentions of writing everyday or at least very often. We have lots to say. And then, life happens or we feel like we already said that or we aren't feeling the blog mojo going on.

    But we don't have to blog anything really. We didn't sign a contract and more often than not, no one is paying you to blog. You blog because you want to.

    So take a break, enjoy life, do the things that are calling for your attention, take some time to chill and when you come back, I look forward to reading the things you want to talk about because I liked what you had to say..

    ReplyDelete
  17. your blog is lovely! So nice to meet you, and I do secretly hope to see a few Northern updates...best wishes with the rest of your offline life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You will be missed, Nina... but I hope you have a wonderful break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. so THIS is the sabbatical everyone was referring to. boo! well, i don't feel QUITE so bad now that i know i will be seeing you in the flesh all of three times in the month of may!! i don't need to rely solely on the blog to get my dose of naturally nina... (especially now that i know, you're awesome in real life too).

    ReplyDelete
  20. While I'm sad that I started on your blog when you're going on blog-land sabbatical, I'm so happy that I had the chance to meet you today! And, in the meantime, I can catch up on your archives :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your consistent positive thoughts and lovely photos will be missed but it's so important to be present and all the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'll miss your posts, but I hope you take some time to breathe and enjoy all the things you haven't had time for.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Darling Nina,

    I totally understand and feel the same way. When I moved to NYC, I found myself spending less and less time online... and even though I miss my world here, I feel like there's too much life to live out there for the time being.

    Enjoy your holiday!

    xo,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'll miss your posts, but I hope your blog break is going well! : )

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Nina, it was a great pleasure to read your posts. Enjoy your Break. XO, Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hugs Nina!!! Hope you have a lovely weekend :o)

    ReplyDelete
  27. i know how you feel! sometimes it's so much more important to LIVE your life than just spend time documenting it. i'll be sad if you don't come back though, take as much time as you need (:

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nina ... I read this post on my feed reader a while back and just decided to come by your actual blog today to leave a comment. What you said about wanting to be more present in your off-line life had me thinking about an article from the NY Times from the other day (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/29/opinion/29franzen.html).

    Now that I'm on your actual blog, my eye was caught by your bio. Have you left Boston for Maine? Or did it just always say that?

    In any case. I'd love to see you back here, to see through your eyes as you catch the beauty around you. But most of all, I hope you savor your sabbatical.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Right there with you! Thank you so much for this little look into what you're going through. I hope you have a very restful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nina -

    I too am a recent frequenter of your blog. Your perceptions are dear and honest - very connecting.

    Enjoy the beautiful life you've made for yourself - as you have inspired so many others to do.

    I hope to see you again, but if that's not in the cards, I'll settle for looking through older posts so as not to forget how much beauty there is in the simple things.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'll miss you Nina! I've always loved the calm introspection that your writings provide. When you're ready (and if you're ready) I'll look forward to reading you once again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Missing your daily posts!!! Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I hope this break brings you contentment and revives your creative soul.
    We all need a break once in awhile, even from our favorite things so we can discover new adventures.
    Take your time, soak it up. I imagine your readers {including me} will wait.

    Cheers!
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.