
there is no doubt about it. i have the coolest friends.
one of them, christine chitnis, recently published her first book, and i couldn't be more proud. it is a detailed overview of the fifty best farmers' and artisan markets in new england.


as you all know, it is a subject i wholeheartedly believe in.* not only that, but markets of new england is the kind of book that catches your eye when you're strolling through anthropologie. when you get closer and start flipping through it, you realize you have to have it... the photographs are magical.

on a personal note, christine is in many ways a role model to me. through hard work, determination and grace, she has created the life of her dreams, including this big one: becoming a successful, published author. she continually inspires me with everything that she accomplishes, especially because she stays grounded, humble and grateful in the process.


christine has generously offered to give a copy of the book to one lucky reader of naturally nina. to enter to win, please leave a comment on this post, (tweet about it for extra entries!) and a winner will be chosen randomly on friday morning.
* why are farmers' markets important? i look at them as a societal win-win. when we buy produce, dairy products, or bread directly from local producers, we allow them to maximize their profits (by skipping the middle men), we avoid processed food that is over-packaged and unhealthy, we can obtain locally grown, seasonally-appropriate organic vegetables, (which is better for the environment), and we can "shop" in a way that is more human, more interactive, and more fun. what's not to love?
p.s. i wrote an official review of the book here, if you'd like to read it.
(photo credits: christine chitnis)
one of them, christine chitnis, recently published her first book, and i couldn't be more proud. it is a detailed overview of the fifty best farmers' and artisan markets in new england.


as you all know, it is a subject i wholeheartedly believe in.* not only that, but markets of new england is the kind of book that catches your eye when you're strolling through anthropologie. when you get closer and start flipping through it, you realize you have to have it... the photographs are magical.

on a personal note, christine is in many ways a role model to me. through hard work, determination and grace, she has created the life of her dreams, including this big one: becoming a successful, published author. she continually inspires me with everything that she accomplishes, especially because she stays grounded, humble and grateful in the process.


christine has generously offered to give a copy of the book to one lucky reader of naturally nina. to enter to win, please leave a comment on this post, (tweet about it for extra entries!) and a winner will be chosen randomly on friday morning.
* why are farmers' markets important? i look at them as a societal win-win. when we buy produce, dairy products, or bread directly from local producers, we allow them to maximize their profits (by skipping the middle men), we avoid processed food that is over-packaged and unhealthy, we can obtain locally grown, seasonally-appropriate organic vegetables, (which is better for the environment), and we can "shop" in a way that is more human, more interactive, and more fun. what's not to love?
p.s. i wrote an official review of the book here, if you'd like to read it.
(photo credits: christine chitnis)
Such a gorgeous book! The cover really draws you in :) I'm a proud farmers market shopper who buys everything from meat to eggs a bread from local sellers. It really is so much fun to shop this way. As a proud New Englander (living in Maine now but soon to be in Portsmouth NH), I would LOVE a copy of this book!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a LOVELY book! Yes please. :)
ReplyDeleteExcellent review on Elephant Journal! I love the book already and don't even have it in my hands :) You know I love markets and this one makes me want to head to New England to check them all out in person!
ReplyDeleteFramer's Markets are so important! If I don't win this book I'm going to go out and buy it anyway so I can start planning my summer "tour" of markets around New England. This looks amazing! :) Thanks for sharing with us!
ReplyDeleteI love farmers markets & this book looks wonderful.... I would love to own a copy of it!
ReplyDeleteI am such a supporter of Farmer's Markets! When I moved to Seattle I immediately sought out the nearest one, only to find it was three blocks away!
ReplyDeleteThe Hubby and I have been going to the Baltimore Farmers Market ever since we moved there (2 weeks now). We love it and would love a copy of the book too. Thanks for the great giveaway!
ReplyDeleteNina, this book looks amazing, even though I live in PA, I still want it! I love supporting local artists/authors/farmers/etc and think this would be an EXCELLENT addition to my bookshelf :)
ReplyDeleteLove, Kell
PS I retweeted you :)))
I know what you mean about the Anthro browsing...you're not even looking for a book, then bam! you must have it.
ReplyDeleteI've a feeling this one will make me homesick for Boston, but that's okay. I'll take it!
When you tweeted about this last week, I immediately clicked over to Christine's blog and fell in love with it! If I don't win, I think I might have to buy it..... (being a New Englander and all :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a fabulous book! Count me in! xxoo :)
ReplyDeleteI grew up in New England and miss it very much. This lovely book would be a true gift to Northeastern lady trying to make her way in the south!
ReplyDeletei bought it this weekend!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful....fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteThis is a wonderful idea for a book. Great giveaway!
ReplyDeleteooooo - so gorgeous! I can't wait for our local farmer's markets to open in a few weeks!
ReplyDeletei love farmer's markets! would be happy to win a copy of this book, it looks lovely!
ReplyDeleteWe have a farmer's market here in Nova Scotia that I don't get to often enough. :) I love, love, LOVE it though. This book is so grass roots. :)I hope, hope, hope I can win it.
ReplyDeleteI'm new to your blog came from Christine's blog to check out this contest. I love your pics!!!!
i would love the chance to read that fresh ink! i put it on my amazon wishlist a few days ago! thanks for the chance!
ReplyDeleteFrom what I've seen of the pictures in the book, it looks just lovely. Congratulations to Christine!
ReplyDeleteWHAT?! She is my hero. What an accomplishment, I would LOVE this...make me miss home a little more? Why not.
ReplyDeleteI would love a copy to use this summer bumming around New England...or just to peruse the photos!
ReplyDeletei love this! i actually recently posted about organic food and farmers' markets too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great book! I love browsing my local Farmer's Markets!
ReplyDeleteLooks awesome! I adore our local farmer's market. It could be bigger, but it's growing. The fresh seafood is the BEST. I'd love to discover some new markets in the area to check out.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the painty hands photo :)
ReplyDeleteI so want this! Doesn't even matter that I don't live in Boston anymore. It'll come in handy when I visit! :)
ReplyDeletehttp://goldhearted.etsy.com
The book looks so beautiful and colorful. Perfect for summer road trips!
ReplyDeleteSuch a gorgeous book!
ReplyDeleteWonderful pictures - would be a perfect addition to my library as I've just moved to Maine!
ReplyDeletekudos to christine on such a gorgeous book! would love to win this so i can pine away about spending the summer in new england...
ReplyDeletei'm so excited that christine's book is finally out! i'm sure it's gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI have butterflies just thinking about it in my hands. New England is home and this book needs to be in mine :)
ReplyDeleteAmazing! Can't wait to read it!
ReplyDeletebook looks amazing...would love to have it and explore all the markets!
ReplyDeletechristine is so talented. what a great friend and mentor to have! this book looks gorgeous! congrats, christine!
ReplyDeletei definitely need a copy of this book.
ReplyDeletefingers crossed!
This book is perfection. Now I want to write one about Southern markets! I would love a copy.
ReplyDeleteThis looks amazing! I'd love to send it to friends who actually live around there!
ReplyDeleteYes! Growing up in New England, farmers markets have been such a special part of my life. I'm so happy someone finally captured them in print. Great giveaway!
ReplyDelete- Blair
Westport, Connecticut
blairbear4926@yahoo.com
Looks like an excellent read...So happy that market season is back.
ReplyDeletewould love to have a copy!
ReplyDeleteLove love love the idea of this book, as someone who roams the markets of New England!
ReplyDeleteThis is my first visit to your blog, I came here from Christine's blog which I found via Sarah Ahearn--phew! The book looks wonderful, just the type of thing both curl up with during this cool New England spring and throw in the car with you as you head off on an adventure!
ReplyDeleteFarmer's markets are popping up all over and it would be great to have a field guide to make it easier to pick and choose.
ReplyDeleteyess! i want in! and can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteOk, so i don't live anywhere near New England, but i'd still be delighted to win a copy of this book!
ReplyDeleteJust came across your blog and am pleased to see this book offer! I've been living in Boston for two years now and so far have just visited farmers markets in Copley square and JP. Look forward to seeking some new ones out this summer.
ReplyDeleteThis book looks fantastic; I've added it to my Amazon wish list! My town (Newburyport, MA) started a great farmer's market a year or 2 ago and it's really taken off.
ReplyDeleteP.S. SO happy to have found your blog - I love it and have added it to my Google reader. :)
cant wait to check out that book! i am originally from massachusetts!
ReplyDeleteloving your blog...
-kelley
I'd still be delighted to win a copy of this book!
ReplyDelete