page by page.

3584936165_2fe016f6fd_b
maybe it's the crisp fall weather, or my free afternoons, or the fact that i
am a book addict... but lately, i have been reading a lot.

i guess it makes me feel like i'm doing something productive (even when i'm not). some nights, when simon is away for work, i bring a book to bed and read until my eyes get heavy. i love nighttime stories.

my current book is the art of racing in the rain. have any of you read it? i'd love some more book suggestions too. any suggestions for a great crime/thriller? thank you!

xo.

(photo credit: alexis mire)

23 comments:

  1. I read The Art of Racing in the Rain over the summer, I enjoyed it! Right now I'm reading The Unbearable Lightness of Being and The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

    I wrote a blog post last week about some others I found to be particularly good! :)

    Hope you're great, Nina.

    Brie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cozy way to fall asleep. I'm currently reading Dreaming in Cuban by Cristina Garcia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished "Object Lessons" by Anna Quindlen. Not a thriller but a quick read and thoughtfully written.

    I'm reading a lot too...and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to have some free evenings to start reading again.

    My next book to read is 'A Death in Calabria' by Michele Giuttari - it's about Italian mafia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read that last summer and LOVED every minute of it. It got me on a dog book kick! I also read Marley and Me that summer too.

    We should do a book recommendation exchange on here:)

    Congratulations Nina (btw) you and Simon look so very happy!!!! Here's to starting your happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I'm looking for a new book to read too! I just finished "Little Bee." Not a crime/thriller but a very compelling story about refugees in the UK... Have you read the Bourne books? They are supposed to be great and very different from the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that sounds good! Wish I had the time to read.
    But you should try Tess Gerritsen - Gravity, my favourite book by her. And she is definitely my favourite writer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love reading and have not been doing enough of it lately. i need to make a trip to the library!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha I do the same thing...especially when I can't sleep. Reading before bed knocks me out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh i'll have to read that!

    so crime thriller:

    I love anything and everything by Tony Hillerman. He is a writer of the west...writes mysteries that take place on the western reservations.

    They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished The Art of Racing in the Rain. It is a good one in my opinion. However, I made the mistake of reading it on a flight to NYC and at one point bust into tears...I think my husband thought I was crazy, and no telling what the stranger on my other side was thinking. :)
    -enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Help by Kathryn Stockett is one of my recent favorites. A wonderful, engrossing read set in 1960s Mississippi...

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have been yearning to spend an afternoon in the golden fall sunlight attached to a book. lucky you! :) the one you're reading looks interesting! i'd never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i looove reading! but haven't had much time to do so lately. :( for crime/thriller books, i recommend: "Bones on the Beach: Mafia, Murder, and the True Story of an Undercover Cop Who Went Under the Coverswith a Wiseguy" by Peter Davidson.
    As well as - "Eye Contact" by Cammie McGovern.
    "Heart-Shaped Box" by Joe Hill (who is Stephen King's son!)
    although they're not thrillers, all the books by Mary Roach are good and interesting! Also, my all time favorite funny book is "I was Told There'd Be Cake" by Sloane Crosley. She is HIL-arious! Her latest book, "How Did You Get This Number" is just as funny too.
    I had such a hard time putting down every one of these books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. *sighs* Oh, this sounds so lovely. I loved the image, too. I'm presently reading the Elegance of a Hedgehog--not quite the thriller genre, but still very, very good! Have you ever read Kevin Brockmier?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved The Shadow of the Wind (Mystery/Fiction), In the Woods(Crime/Thriller), and The Forgotten Garden (Mystery/Fiction)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wouldn't say Shantaram is a crime/thriller but it's intense and deep and when you fall right in you will need to come up for gasps of air.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love getting all cozy and reading a good book. it's been one of my favourite things since i was little! it's so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lynette.. I LOVED Shantaram... Nina, it is definitely one to read! The intensity of his story is balanced by reflections and bound together by a love story (as all good ones are ;)) Another really interesting book is Marching Powder, and I am a sucker for Paulo Coehlo.. Particularly Down by the River Piedra I sat down and cried. Happy reading xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Im reading Shantaram right now and I LOVE it!! Shadow of the Wind was also a really great book - next on my list is The Unbearable Lightness of Being

    ReplyDelete
  21. thank you for all these great suggestions! :) i can't wait to pick up a few of these at the library...

    ReplyDelete
  22. and what about "the Shadow of the wind"?
    Barcelona, literature, a love story and a thriller...all in one!
    PLus Mr Zafon (the writer) composed a soundtrack for every chapter that you can hear while reading...its amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. If you haven't read it yet- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is great. I like the second book in the series even better.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.