our new zealand honeymoon, part 1

good morning, loves! today i am so excited to share more of our incredible honeymoon.

simon and i chose new zealand as our honeymoon destination based on the recommendation of our sister-in-law. (she used to live there.) and we were not disappointed.

new zealand is one of the prettiest places i have ever been. i've heard it said that it's a country that combines the best of norway and the best of hawaii.
i completely agree
. and it also had the right combination of activity and relaxation for us. so, here we go...

IMG_7015
we started our two-week adventure in auckland, the biggest city in the country. the first morning we woke up at 5 a.m. thanks to jet lag, so we decided to make the best of it by walking around the city as the sun rose.

IMG_7069
then we were on the hunt for some coffee and learned that a long black is the closest thing to a regular cup of coffee in the states. yum!

IMG_6988
next, we visited the auckland sky tower (the tallest building in new zealand) and enjoyed the 360 views of the big city.

IMG_7098
the following morning, after some rest (and room service), we took a ferry to waiheke island and visited three wineries and an olive oil farm! it was so much fun to learn more about how the grapes are grown, munch on yummy food and, of course, taste a few wines too. :)

IMG_7138
my favorite olive oil was, surprisingly, one that tasted a lot like fresh cut grass.

IMG_7147
simon and i love making friends when we travel and tend to get very chatty with random people. i snapped this picture as simon was cracking jokes with our tour guide (originally from germany).

IMG_7120
the vineyards were stunning, with beautiful rolling hills and gorgeous rustic restaurants. even though it was drizzling all day, we were in complete heaven. (isn't my husband handsome?)

tomorrow, the milford sound and queenstown. thanks for letting me share all of these photos. we're still smiling from our magical trip.

xo.

16 comments:

  1. looks perfectly dreamy Nina! Keep it coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of you with your coffee is so precious. It looks like you had such an amazing honeymoon... I'm so excited to see more pictures and to hear about your WEDDING! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds dreamy! I agree with Stephanie, your coffee picture is amazing. It makes me want to snuggle up with a fresh cup! I never would ever think of choosing New Zealand for a trip, not because it doesn't appeal to me, just because I think I tend to forget about it. But now I desperately want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back!!! the pictures look so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such an amazing life! Your pictures are as lovely as your words - can't wait to read more!
    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how romantic and brilliant.. a five am stroll through a new city on the hunt for coffee.. love it. these photos make me want to curl up in a sweater and a quilt. :) and the olive oil farm?? sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Your husband and you look like a beautiful couple! and well, NZ is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New Zealand must be amazing! It seems like you had a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've wanted to go to new zealand for quite some time, and now i REALLY want to go! sounds like you had a beautiful time, i can't wait to hear more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures look amazing! And you both look so happy and relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nina, I stumbled upon your blog and absolutely love it. Congratulations on your marriage! Your honeymoon photos are gorgeous....New Zealand has been on my list for some time (especially now that NZ air has added a cuddle class to its flights) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These photos are so lovely! Congratulations on your marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm late to the party on this one, but I couldn't NOT comment on the NZ photos. I went over to visit my (now) husband a few years ago, and I can't get over the stunning beauty of it all. We'd love to go back. On another note, thank you for the 'long black' information!! I got off the plane in Auckland and all I wanted was a cup of coffee . . . and I don't know whether it was the jet lag or the anticipation of seeing himself after so long, but I could not figure it out! (I asked the woman behind the counter, who looked at me like I was slightly out of it.) Lush photos, glad you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.