our wedding: the venue and ceremony.

today, i'm excited to share the photos from our ceremony and venue. but first, i have to say, thank you for all of your comments on my previous posts. i have been loving them. you are all so sweet and make me so happy! thank you.


Nina_and_Aaron_284Nina_and_Aaron_452
venue
ok, i'll go ahead and say it... the venue looked amazing. we lit hundreds of candles all over the barn, which made it feel so warm and romantic. we also scattered rose petals along the aisle, and decorated parts of the venue with bright blue and yellow tissue poms.


guestbook
we decided to have a less traditional guest book, so we collected silly and vintage postcards, and invited our guests to write messages on them. the postcards are being mailed to us throughout our first year of marriage. (we've received a handful so far and love having even more to look forward to!)


programs
our programs were designed and made by ellie of hello tenfold. aren't they gorgeous? :) there were four different designs and i assembled them with coordinating ribbon.


as pretty as they are, the part of the programs i am most proud of is that we included the following text to show our support of gay marriage:


"we feel so lucky to have found our life-partner in one another. today, as we make our commitment, we hold in our hearts hope for the day when everyone has the right to share in the joys of marriage."

escortcards
since simon and i are wine lovers, our escort cards were made out of wine corks. we spent many nights making these babies, but it was so worth it! :)

Nina_and_Aaron_327
our ceremony was led by a friend, and it was both hilarious and moving. here is simon waiting for me to walk down the aisle.



Nina_and_Aaron_334
standing up there saying our vows was quite possibly the most fun i've had in my whole life. i was literally beaming, and couldn't stop staring into simon's beautiful green eyes.


Nina_and_Aaron_352
we wrote our vows together and repeated the same set of promises. one of my favorite lines is:
"i will always believe in you, and in our marriage."



Nina_and_Aaron_348
we both got a little teary, but for the most part, we just smiled the whole time.


Nina_and_Aaron_366
and here we are... married!!

tomorrow will be the final set of wedding photos, from our reception! thanks, as always, for reading... it's been wonderful sharing all of these special moments with all of you. :)

hugs and kisses!

(all photos from & unlimited)

34 comments:

  1. You looked stunning!! What a gorgeous venue too. The postcard idea is really fabulous. I've been married a long time, but if we had to do it again, I may just use that postcard idea ;)
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING, amazing, amazing. Every detail is perfect and you look absolutely stunning. What a perfect day.

    Side note...of course you are going to come to P-town and visit our babe! It's an open invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Nina! So happy for you and Simon! Blessings!! :-)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice ! All the details are perfect ! Congratulations to You & Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! The whole thing...amazing! I love hearing about each part day by day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nina! everything was absolutely gorgeous down to the last detail! i've loved following you with all your wedding preparations. way to support marriage for everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post! That tear drop picture almost made me tear up!! loved it, and congrats (again and again!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That may be the most beautiful venue I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the 'we support gay marriage' part. Incredibly thoughtful touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh you look beautiful! how does it work with the mailing of postcards? are your guests mailing them to you (i would think that people would maybe lose them or forget to mail them?) or is someone else mailing them?

    ReplyDelete
  11. janis, my friend took them all and is in charge of mailing them. she's super organized, thank goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that is just gorgeous! Beautiful wedding, beautiful bride.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am SO behind in blog commenting! These look lovely on your blog- it's so fun to relive the day through Naturally Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look amazing! Absolutely love the venue and the sweet touches you added! Wishing you lots of love. Marriage is wonderful.

    Namaste'
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your public support of gay marriage, love the sweet line from your vows, LOVE the "guest book", okay... I love your whole wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I love the venue! So gorgeous! I love that you support gay marriage too. Lovely post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. SUCH beautiful pictures, and your venue was gorgeous! Love that postcard idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love that you wrote your own vows, but both read the same ones. that is extremely romantic, and a wonderful example of how in tune you are as a couple. also, when i saw that first picture of your venue, i think my heart stopped for a moment. literally. and then it didn't start again for about 10 more minutes, as i kept scrolling through your gorgeous photos! LOVE THEM :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nina, Nina, Nina.

    That message from you and Simon in support of gay marriage?

    That just sealed the deal for me. You're perfect.

    And so is this ceremony. My GOODNESS, it's just beautiful! Can you plan my wedding (that is, when I find the guy!)?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. the candles on the mantel add the perfect touch... so romantic. <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the mix of color and black and white photos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love those name cards! The corks ass such a cute touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning! I love the venue. And, I'm loving all of the photos! Funny, I did my yoga teacher training right before I got hitched, too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful wedding! I'm getting married in 10 days and it is so much fun seeing how other brides and grooms plan their big day. Thanks for sharing your special moment!

    ReplyDelete
  25. beautiful girl with beautiful ideas xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Uhh your venue is SICK. I want to get married there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW your wedding was beautiful, you were beautiful! I even teared up just looking at your photos (maybe because I was listening to your wedding song at the same time lol) but I felt inspired by your love. I wish you the best in your marriage, you two will be very happy together, I can tell. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a beautiful wedding! The venue was stunning!! And so was the bride!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a beautiful ceremony. I love that your programs coordinate with each other, rather than match completely, they're adorable! It also warms my heart that you shared your support of gay marriage on them (and so tastefully, too). Life-partners for all!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nina! I'm so terribly behind on my blog reads, but oh my gosh, your wedding was gorgeous and I'm so excited about the photos of your paper goods! Thanks for the link to Hello Tenfold, and I'm reaching out to your photographer as we speak... Just perfect, every detail! Congratulations! You two look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for sharing those pictures. I'm really happy for you two. Congratulations.

    long island wedding venues

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.