today is my 11th day at kripalu. wow.
at times, i feel like this month is moving at snail speed. i'll be sitting on my little cushion in the classroom, trying to soak up everything the teacher is saying about utkatasana, when in reality i'm just trying to keep my spine straight, lamenting that my pedicure is chipping, and wondering... when can i take a nap? :)
at other times, we'll be sitting in a circle and applauding each other's accomplishments, or practicing yoga outside on the cool grass, or dancing (there is so much dancing here!), and i'll feel an incredible amount of joy and energy.
still, i have hours (or days) when i feel like i'm never going to be able to pull off this whole "yoga teacher" thing. i had my first practice teach yesterday (30 minutes) and it was overwhelming. i felt like i was trying to juggle, on one foot, while singing a song, while counting backwards. but hey, i did it. :) and to be honest, i'm looking forward to doing it again.
and other than all of that, we're having a big 'ol blast. the people here are so lovely.
i've played in the rain, had bunnies for lunch company, soaked in the whirlpool, taken a field trip to a local coffee shop (huzzah), listened to beautiful music, built a lot of muscle strength, eaten gourmet meals every day, seen a celebrity (!), and laughed all day.
it's been an adventure! and it's not even half over...
So glad you are having a good time. I would love to be a yoga teacher some day, I am sure you will shine. Love your blog
ReplyDeletexxViolet
I love Kripalu! I spent four months there a few years ago as part of the Semester Intensive program...so many wonderful teachers there. I just finished a teacher training, not at Kripalu, but in Lenox and can totally relate to your feelings of overwhelm! It does get easier though, with time and practice! It's so fun to be brought back to Kripalu vicariously through your post! Thanks for sharing your adventure!
ReplyDeleteLove Parker!!!
ReplyDeleteExactly the same feelings I had.....and still have when I'm going back to Teacher Trainings and workshops. There is just SO much information and I'm asking myself "how will I ever remember all this, how can I be a good teacher when I'm not even understanding everything that is taught"...... But when you are on your own, in front of your own students it's just coming back to you. Slowly and surely you are building your own unique style, you will be telling your students about your lunch bunny "buddies", sharing your experience and maybe most important - just being yourself - you are already good enough!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rest of your stay and share please!
In love and encouragement....keep going!
Thanks for your updates! Loving them all, and the guest posts. :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're enjoying your time!
ReplyDeleteha! joe is IN LOVE with parker posey.
ReplyDeletei'm so happy to hear that you're doing something you love, nina. and honestly, the second something stops being challenging, it stops being fun. TRUST ME on that one. ;)
xox
Oh yay! I'm glad you're having a good time! I love hearing about how your trip is going :)
ReplyDeletelove your updates and all the yoga guest posts! keeping me so inspired!
ReplyDeleteI have loved hearing about your teacher training (and all of the guest posts that are yoga-centered while you're away).
ReplyDeleteI think with any new experience, especially a teaching one, there is some apprehension, but that's what makes it fulfilling in the end - knowing that you did something that you were just a little bit scared and unsure of.
I'm sure you'll be a wonderful yoga teacher!
that's so great that you've already had a teaching practice session! go nina! it sounds so serene and peaceful there!! and i love that people dance all the time! :)
ReplyDeleteHaha, I read "had bunnies for lunch" and kind of went "Oh..." and then kept reading: Oh, for company!! Silly :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're having a great time, that's wonderful.
what a great sounding life you're in. it's probably the best kind of exhausted, right? accomplishment.
ReplyDeletei've been hoping to get that feeling as well. i've been working on my etsy shop - twitterpated pretty - & reopened a few days ago & i'd luv it if you'd check it out, if you could. [no rush.]