kripalu update!

yoga school has been fabulous so far... it's amazing how much can happen in a week though; i don't know where to begin. :)

first, i'd like to thank you all for being so welcoming to our guest bloggers. i really appreciate it. aren't their posts fun? (also, i know the fonts have been wacky, and i'm going to try to fix it. thanks for your patience.)

now onto the juicy stuff... shall we start with some pictures?

<span class=
kripalu is located smack dab in the middle of endless "om-trees." (that's our little nickname for them since they are so big and perfect!) the campus is incredible, and i've been taking short little walks daily.

<span class=
this room is our home for the month. the instructors sit in the front, and all of the colorful shapes on the wall are our intentions for the month. the space is much larger than it looks in this photo though; we fit 57 yoga mats!

<span class=
we've been learning lots of anatomy this week. i never thought i'd like bones so much. in fact, i can already tell i'm going to be the kind of yoga teacher who is obsessed with anatomy and safety. very cool.

<span class=
this is a little lounge area where i sometimes sit. and by sometimes, i mean on the rare occasion that we actually have time to lounge. :)

a few other things about this first week:

- we practice yoga twice a day, for a total of 3.5 hours. the rest of the time we're either learning how to teach postures, or we're learning theory. i've also been going to dance classes during lunch. so you might say, i'm blissfully exhausted.

- we've also spent a great deal of time learning how to breathe! if you're not a yogi, you'd be surprised how much there is to learn about deep breathing. the other day we were practicing dirgha breathing and i burst into tears. i think i was releasing some built up anxiety. breathing is powerful stuff.

- the food. oh, the food. truthfully, i can't verbalize how yummy it is. sometimes in the middle of a tough yoga pose, i just daydream about the food. (don't tell, ok?)

- i've made some friends and they are all so special: a school teacher from calgary, a community center director from florida, an environmental genius from vancouver, and so many more... i feel so lucky to be spending this month with them.

- that being said, i miss simon.

i think that's about all for now. it has felt like a long week, but it's also been an empowering one. i will continue to update you all as time allows. :)

much much love and thank you for being patient and supportive while i am on this adventure!

p.s. today is our day off, and i'm getting a facial in a few hours. yay! 

18 comments:

  1. Kripalu sounds beautiful. Enjoy your journey and your new Canadian friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you are having a beautiful experience! i'm really intrigued by this dirgha breathing method now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Babs told me about your blog and I love it. I've always dreamed of going to Kripalu (I'm a UK based yoga teacher). One day I'll get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, that sounds so lovely. enjoy the rest of your training!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds heavenly, wish i could be there to :)
    Enjoy the rest of your training
    xxViolet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blissfully exhausted, indeed! Good for you! It sounds amazing! I would LOVE to live somewhere with a long drive lined with ohm trees! sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss you, Nina!!! Can I you get snail mail there?? Will you email me your addy if you can?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep enjoying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the update, Nina! I loved the first picture- I've only seen Kripalu in February, so your photograph absolutely inspires me to come back in a warmer month. I'm glad you're having such a wonderful experience! I cannot wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds amazing!!! cannot wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm so excited for you nina! sounds like it is everything you hoped it would be and more! what an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Nina...what a beautiful, peaceful place. I am so happy to hear that you are doing well and soaking up all that your time there has to offer! I cannot wait for more pictures and updates (no pressure, my dear!).

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds just as perfect as you thought. Kripalu isn't far from me and I've always wanted to take a day or weekend retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nina ~ I need to know more about the food! {wink, wink}

    ReplyDelete
  15. nina, i am so so jealous! so glad you are loving your time at kripalu. when you finish, will you teach me everything you know about anatomy? ;) love hearing all about your stay there and LOVE the guest posts about yoga. so delightful. big hugs and kisses! namaste, natural one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. so glad you're enjoying this beautiful adventure, nina. continue to soak up every moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad to hear that the beginnings of leaving the 9-5 grind are so filled with beautiful experiences & new friendships! I'm still glad you made "the jump" into what you love - it's so encouraging!
    =D
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an adventure. So glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.