kripalu day 1

hello, friends!
 

i am currently sitting in the kripalu cafe, looking out over rolling hills and a gorgeous lake. today's activities haven't started yet (they gave us a one time pass on 6:30 a.m. yoga) but i was awake most of the night anyway (a combination of excitement and nerves, i think). either way, i have my coffee next to me (shh) and a great view of the surrounding beauty. i'm happy.

kripalu is a very special place. if you've never been here, it's kind of hard to describe the vibe without using cliched words like "peaceful", "warm" and "vibrant". but it's true. there is an energy to this place that impresses me every time.

last night we had our opening circle, and it was surprisingly not intense. the two main instructors are lovely and funny, and made us all feel so welcome. there are about 60 people in the program, but only two guys. poor souls. :)

at one point we were moving around the room, getting our bodies warmed up, when all of a sudden a song came on... justin timberlake's rock your body. at that moment i knew this whole adventure was going to be a really good time.

oh my god! i just saw a bunny hopping around outside! seriously. okay, it's official: this place is ridiculous. :)

much love and see you soon!


p.s. pictures of my room and everything else coming soon! :)

12 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome :) Lakes and hills and bunnies!

    And I'm sure the two lone guys are really suffering, being amongst fifty-eight women! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock Your Body is exactly what I imagined you'd be grooving to at your yoga training ;-) Sounds amazing. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nina, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! sounds like such a fabulous experience. i am going to kripalu (for the first time!!!) in september. i cannot wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhh sounds perfect. how i wish i was on my way there to do yoga in a beautiful environment too! i look forward to hearing more about it. peace and love xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds divine!! Thanks for blogging while you're there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha sounds wonderful! And yeah, having JT come on...I definitely foresee good times up ahead ;)

    Well I wanted to stop by and let you know that I'm hosting a really great giveaway (that I honestly think you'll love) on my blog just in case you wanted to enter!

    Giveaway- United States Cutting Board by AHeirloom

    xo,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Nina. I just got chills for you! It is going to be truly remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shouldn't be, but I am......envious :-). Soak it all in, and let us hear about your yoga journey there. Btw. you just missed my favorite teacher, Desiree Rumbaugh - she just left Kripalu.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nina ~ I'm so looking forward to following this fantastic journey you have set out to enjoy, live, and endure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. just started following your blog and am incredibly excited to follow this yoga training journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds breathtaking... so glad it's going well! <3

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.