
the other day simon and i were hanging out on two different levels of our condo. he was downstairs packing for a trip and i was upstairs on the couch, catching up on emails.
suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, i saw a crumpled up piece of paper come flying at me. simon was nowhere to be seen, but since i don't believe in ghosts, i knew he had somehow thrown it at me from below. (talented fella).
minutes later, another arrived. at first i thought: "why is simon throwing pieces of paper at me? in the words of stephanie tanner, how rude."
but then i realized that maybe he had written something on the notes. so, i opened them up. sure enough:
1. "hi, i'm downstairs. come hang out."
2. "there is another note, but i think it got stuck behind the couch."
i laughed, closed my laptop, and went downstairs to hang out. and this, my friends, is how we communicate in our 820 square feet condo. :)
please tell me you and your significant other do ridiculous things like this too? :)
(photo credit: robersonchristina)
Haha. Great story. It reminds me of back in college when my roommates and I would chat over instant messenger while we were in the same room. There was no point to it really. We did it just because we could. Sometimes it's fun to act like a complete kid.
ReplyDeleteliterally laughed out loud! You guys are so darn cute. I can't get over it! We don't even have a door on our bedroom (just a walkway) so even when we aren't hanging out, it kind feels like we are :)
ReplyDeleteThat's so cute. Sometimes I'll write a little note or post-it to Jason and leave it somewhere that he'll find it, even if we're both home. It's the little things that make domestic life fun, I think!
ReplyDeleteThat is too cute! It totally reminds me of college too - talking via instant messenger even though we are right next to each other. Sometimes Tom and I send texts to each other even if we are both home. I also leave little love notes in his lunch sometimes - yes, I'm geeky like that and pack my husband a lunch to take to work. haha.
ReplyDeleteWe IM each other from across the house. Sometimes also from several feet away.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness that is so adorable. :) You two are so cute!
ReplyDeleteNow THAT'S true love! You guys are so stinkin' cute!
ReplyDeleteOh! This just made my day- more so than the mac & cheese I just inhaled!- you guys are adorable!
ReplyDeleteyou two are so darn cute!
ReplyDeletehaha that is too cute.
ReplyDeleteSO cute!!!! my husband need my help for just about EVERYTHING and yellls my name in a help sort of tone in our very small house. i love that he needs my help all the time but it also drives me crazy :)
ReplyDeletecome check out my giveaway! http://oliviakcarter.blogspot.com/2010/05/1st-giveaway.html
We do stuff like that too :) And we talk about brains a lot too - like if there's a loud noise, or our dog is making a sad face, or if we're out of something we thought we had, we'll say it hurts us in our brain. 'What do you mean we're out of milk? That hurts me in my brain."
ReplyDeletei wanted to get walkie-talkies for my boyfriend and i when we moved from a loft to a 3 floor apt., the notes are super cute!
ReplyDeleteCute story! I love that kind of fun communication. We're getting ready to move from a 1 bedroom apartment (where we're mostly together in the living room) to a 2 level house. I have no idea how we're going to handle having our workspaces be really far apart. Maybe we'll have to come up with a floor tapping code for when we get lonely.
ReplyDeleteThat's really cute :)! We talk to each other online or text when we're sitting next to each other, leave each other post it notes everywhere, write on napkins, spell things out with our food, etc. :D
ReplyDeleteHaha super cute :)
ReplyDeleteAw, I love it! This just made me smile. :)
ReplyDeletehow funny! you guys are adorable :-) jacob and i skype from different rooms in our house. it's so silly. it's always just a "hi" and "i love you" and then sometimes it's "look at my butt" or something super ridiculous. one of us always tries to see if the dog will come when we call her through the laptop. she always comes running, but then looks behind the laptop screen, finds no one, and then gives us this ultra-pathetic face. we're bored... a lot.
ReplyDeletesoooooooooo cute.
ReplyDeletewe do silly things like that too.
ReplyDeletei especially love the full house reference.
xoxo
lollll thats so cute :)
ReplyDeleteThat is adorable. I love it.
ReplyDeleteDid you tuck the notes away to treasure?
ReplyDeleteI am a snail mail fanatic and my hubby has been know upon encountering our empty letterbox to leave me a treat or note. Indoors we normally just holler it up goodness knows what the neighbors must think!
Oh my. Too sweet.
ReplyDeleteHow can we find more Simons, please?
PS
Way to invoke Stephanie Tanner :)
I've definitely gotten texts and instant messages and even video chats from my husband when he's 2 rooms over. Usually we just yell. :) The crumbled up notes sound like even more fun!
ReplyDeleteMy darling BF comes and gets me when I am on my computer so he can show me Redsox highlights. I love how he loves to share those moments with me.
ReplyDeleteLOL - stephanie tanner.
ReplyDelete