
i took my first yoga class when i was eighteen and remember thinking that downward dog was impossibly hard. i also remember admiring my yoga teacher: the way she carried herself, the way she moved, and the way she taught.
now, eleven years later, not only do i love downward dog, but i've decided to become a yoga teacher myself.
so, the crazy, exhilarating and scary decision has been made. i will leave for my yoga teacher training on august 1st of this year, and one month later be certified. it's almost hard to believe that a life long dream will actually be happening!
have you ever taken a huge leap like this? was it everything you hoped it would be? eeps!
(photo credit: kelly loves whales)
so exciting! i hope to be teacher training in the future. best of luck!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! Congrats to you and best of luck :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so, so excited for you!! There's nothing more terrifying or thrilling than taking a leap like that - and those leaps are always, always worth it... usually means you're doing the right thing :) Congrats!
ReplyDeleteHooray! I can't wait to hear about your experience, Nina. I am starting my yoga teacher training on Monday. In three days - I cannot believe it's here. It is vinyasa style, led by two of my favorite teachers here in San Francisco.
ReplyDeleteCongrats Nina! Such an exciting decision. I can't wait to hear about your experience!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Nina! I love love love reading your blog and I think I needed to read this today. I've been walking a path not true to my heart and trying to figure out how to take the next big leap. You're an inspiration :)
ReplyDeletethat is so awesome!! way to go. I LOVE yoga so much. more teachers are needed!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting Nina, congratulations on following this dream!
ReplyDeleteNina, this was made for you! YOU were made to be a yoga teacher. Woo hoo!! Good for you for taking a leap. xo
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! 4 years ago I left my corporate job to become a Pilates instructor. Life has gotten in the way and it's no longer my sole job, but it's the job that I love the most. You are going to be an amazing yoga instructor!
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing. Bravo!
ReplyDeleteoh wow, that's exciting! yoga is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteAww, becoming a yoga teacher is one of my dreams... what a great way to share your passion with others. Sure, you can do yoga at home, but I find that nothing beats going to a yoga class and feeling the energy of the teacher and likeminded students in the class with you. Good for you, Nina! You will be GREAT!
ReplyDeletea friend of mine took the teacher training at kripalu and it literally changed her life. shortly after returning, she met her now husband and they run a yoga school and magazine together. I'm pretty sure she would count it among one of the best decisions she ever made. good luck!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you, Nina! :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats Nina - way to go!!! And Kripalu is such a wonderful place to do you teacher training!!! I took my teacher training over 2 months here in Kuala Lumpur with a visiting teacher from New York, local teachers/orthopedics/chiropractors - a great experience. It changed my life too: I soon realized that the 200-hour teacher training was just the foundation. So I've kept on building upon this foundation with more immersions, Teacher Trainings, workshops in yoga and yoga philosophy, retreats and so on. To do the 200-hours TT is not a means to an end - it's the beginning of a beautiful journey. Namaste - wish you all the best on YOUR journey..... namaste and love from your Norwegian friend.
ReplyDeleteLove it :)
ReplyDeleteThat is so fantastic!!! I think you'll be a great teacher. I wish I were closer, I know whose classes I'd want to go to!! ;)
ReplyDeletethank you all so much for your support. xoxox.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you. So exciting to be doing something you love and enjoy so much. I've never tried yoga but have always wanted to. love your blog.
ReplyDeletenicole
http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/
that is awesome nina! good for you for following one of your dreams!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Nina! It takes real courage to pursue your true passion; not many people do it! I admire you for that, and wish you the best of luck.
ReplyDeleteLeap away! This will add a new beautiful layer to who you are. It's so exciting to make a dream reality :)
ReplyDelete