wellness wednesdays.

Breakfast
something happened when i turned thirty. 

out of nowhere, i started craving more exercise in addition to yoga, (running! dancing! biking!) and i really wanted to sweat. i also began noticing just how icky i felt after eating certain foods. (for instance, i can't stomach fried food anymore. it's actually rather sad.)

so, today i'm excited to start a new series on the blog called wellness wednesdays, where i will share little tidbits about health, recipes, fitness (including yoga), self-care and more. 

believe me when i say, i know how hard it is to eat right, move our bodies, and take care of ourselves when there are a million other things to do. (i mean, seriously... we're supposed to be flossing too?) so, how can we balance wellness with all of the other demands in our lives?
 

my goal is to focus on the little things. 

this series will not be about running marathons (although i do think that's cool) or becoming a vegan (also cool). but it will be about manageable, inventive and fun ways to stay healthy involving smoothies, spontaneous dance parties, organic wine, raw nuts, spas, kale, and moderation. 

is there anything in particular you'd love to hear about? please let me know. next week i'm going to kick off the series with a healthy banana bread recipe. woo! xo.


(photo credit: racchell)

21 comments:

  1. Can't stomach fried food either - I ate at a touristy restaurant over the weekend, and I felt like crap the rest of the day. I've definitely gotten better at listening to my body. Looking forward to this new series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're craving healthy changes, and I can't wait to read more of this series! What a wonderful idea. I'm always on the lookout for recipes and tips, and would especially love to hear your take on reducing stress and staying balanced. Let me know if you're ever in need of a guest post for this series, as I'd love to share my own wellness tips with your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for these posts! I would love to hear about your favorite natural remedies, especially any that aren't as commonly known. I recently added raw apple cider vinegar into my diet after reading about all the benefits... any experience with that?

    Have a lovely wednesday, nina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh natural remedies is a great idea! thanks, rachel. :) analiese- yes, let's definitely chat more! would love to co-post with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As someone who is feeling icky after eating a donut AND half of a giant cinnamon roll this morning, I could use the wellness tips :) I like your approach; focusing on smaller changes that can make a big difference. Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to hear more about cardio for people who hate cardio (me). I tried running these past few weeks and wrecked my knees... to the point that I can't even go for a long walk now. So, is walking as good as running? Anything along those lines would be much appreciated! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh i love this idea! can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea! The summer weather just makes me want to take care of myself better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you're going to be doing this each week! I want to start exercising more and such, and I think your posts are going to be great inspiration!
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it would be great to have a discussion of all the different things you can substitute into recipes to make them healthier. I know there's something you can do with applesauce or yogurt or something, but can never remember what!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to hear about the best foods to eat as a snack after excersizing...great new feature!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay! sounds like a great new series! can't wait to see what you come up with...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea Nina! Looking forward to this series!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love this idea nina! looking forward to wednesdays :) -jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am really, really excited to read your new Wednesday posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. super excited as well. would love to help! learning and teaching wellness is what my life is all about right now - including crazy workouts in the park, serious smoothies, and spontaneous meals with my tribe, dance parties always included. i would love to be a resource for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hooray for this series! i hope that those things happen when i turn 30.. i hate working out!! i'm excited for this series nina!

    ReplyDelete
  18. super excited for this series!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been craving healthier changes to my life recently too. Looking forward to reading your wellness wednesday posts! I'd like to learn more about simple beginner yoga poses that I can do in my own home.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have been finding the same thing about what I eat! I'm not sure if I'm more sensitive now, or if I'm just more in tune to my body. Hmmmm. I also just moved out of Boston, though I moved a little further--to Birmingham, AL! It's hot here. I'm loving it so far, but it was also sad to leave Boston. Good luck in Maine, your life there looks so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.